Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Beijing 2008


Well, let me just say that the Olympics are my FAVORITE thing to watch- I've been looking forward to them all summer! I love to watch swimming, gymnastics, basketball, diving, track, cycling... oh, who am I kidding? I even like to watch the sports that I don't care about... today I actually watched water polo! And last night I thought that the archery looked pretty cool.... I even like to watch other countries- I don't care! I just love the Olympics! Wouldn't it just be amazing to be that good at something?


My favorite event thus far has been the Men's 4x100 Freestyle Relay. For those
of you who missed it, here is the short version: the French had been trash talking the American's in the media, saying that they were going to "smash them". And, it looked like they might... until the last few meters when the American anchor somehow amazingly came back and outtouched the French guy by something crazy like 2 100th's of a second! WOW.


Anyhow, these Olympics are going to be the death of me- I stay up way to late watching them, and then really have to work hard to get stuff done instead of watching them... and tonight- the Women's Team Gymnastics competition.... oh my, I'm going to be tired tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I echo the awesome Olympics viewing experience.... and I have been staying up way too late also!!! Chris finally made me go to bed before finding out who won the women's gymnastics last night!

I am loving the awesome US swimming team! So cool.