So, I started to have contractions on Wednesday, March 26 at about 4 in the morning. They weren't that strong, but they were about every five minutes or so, so I started getting hopeful that it could be the day that we'd have a baby... I had plans to go to breakfast with my friend Liz, so after the contractions had started to slow, I decided to go (I mean, what else was I gonna do??) So, at breakfast, Liz was timing my contractions- which were much stronger, but 7 or 8 minutes apart- it was so funny to see Liz's face everytime that I would have a contraction... she kept saying "OH MY GOSH! We better call Justin!".... Anyhow, by lunch I decided to call my doctor who wanted me to come in for a labor check. So, I called Justin and told him to finish up stuff at work because we might be heading for the hospital after the doctor's office. At about 2:30, the doctor checked to see how far dialated I was, and she found that I was about 3 centimeters, which is enough to get admitted to the hospital. So, after making a quick run to the grocery store (at that point I hadn't eaten since breakfast, and I knew as soon as we checked into the hospital all I would be allowed to have was Jello and water... I needed to get some calories!) So, we got ourselves admitted by 4:00pm or so, and then the w
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
A Labor Story
So, I started to have contractions on Wednesday, March 26 at about 4 in the morning. They weren't that strong, but they were about every five minutes or so, so I started getting hopeful that it could be the day that we'd have a baby... I had plans to go to breakfast with my friend Liz, so after the contractions had started to slow, I decided to go (I mean, what else was I gonna do??) So, at breakfast, Liz was timing my contractions- which were much stronger, but 7 or 8 minutes apart- it was so funny to see Liz's face everytime that I would have a contraction... she kept saying "OH MY GOSH! We better call Justin!".... Anyhow, by lunch I decided to call my doctor who wanted me to come in for a labor check. So, I called Justin and told him to finish up stuff at work because we might be heading for the hospital after the doctor's office. At about 2:30, the doctor checked to see how far dialated I was, and she found that I was about 3 centimeters, which is enough to get admitted to the hospital. So, after making a quick run to the grocery store (at that point I hadn't eaten since breakfast, and I knew as soon as we checked into the hospital all I would be allowed to have was Jello and water... I needed to get some calories!) So, we got ourselves admitted by 4:00pm or so, and then the w
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Post a Comment